The aim of the group is to give adult amateur musicians the confidence and opportunity to perform in public, so:
- You don’t have to play a complete piece: if you want you can play just one movement, or one section of a piece, or just a few bars.
- Pieces do not have to be 100% performance-ready.
- You can perform solo or in a duet or small ensemble.
- If you lose your nerve, or if you find you aren’t ready, you can opt out at any time.
- You can book a slot months in advance if you need the time to prepare.
There are usually 20 to 30 people at each concert, more at the big events like Christmas. You can perform as many times as you want but if you have racked up a lot of performances, preference will be given to newcomers or to those who haven’t performed for a while. Even if you aren’t playing, you are welcome to come along and listen, and join in the socialising afterwards. Once you have signed up you will receive regular emails to inform you about the upcoming concert dates and any special events like workshops. Attendance at all concerts is not compulsory!